I was recently asked about scholarship sites. On my blog there is a search feature top left for any scholarships I have ever listed (I would use the key word scholarship). On your phone you have to say at the bottom of the page "view web version" once you do this the search box shows up on top. I ASKED CHATGPT for some legitimate college scholarship sites. I think if you go to chatgpt or copilit, etc. and give more information about the student, their college, their interests, demographics it can narrow down undergrad and grad student scholarships - chatgpt also offered advice for students already in school or med school or law school to try the organizations of your profession. I know from a scholarship gala that the Houston Medical Forum (at least when I attended the gala a few years ago) has medical school scholarships for 2nd year students.
Also on ABC Good Morning America this morning a company called Sallie (could be Sallie Mae was giving advice on getting financial aid - probably you can google 8-7-2026 GMA
BELOW IS CHAT GPT's response....re Scholarships...
Yes. There are several legitimate scholarship databases, but I would not treat them all equally. For students who are already in college or graduate school, I’d focus on sites that list outside scholarships and fellowships rather than sites aimed mainly at high-school seniors.
Scholarship sites I would trust
| Site | Best for | My assessment |
|---|---|---|
| CareerOneStop Scholarship Finder | Undergrad & grad | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Excellent — U.S. Dept. of Labor sponsored |
| BigFuture Scholarship Search | Undergrad | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ College Board — very reputable |
| Scholarship America | Undergrad & grad | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Excellent nonprofit |
| Fastweb | Undergrad & grad | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ One of the oldest scholarship databases |
| Scholarships.com | Undergrad & grad | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Large database; good filters |
| Peterson's | Undergrad & grad | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Established education company |
| ProFellow | Graduate/doctoral students | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Particularly good for fellowships |
| NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program | STEM master's/PhD | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Major federal fellowship |
For graduate students, ProFellow and the actual professional organizations in their field can be more productive than the big general scholarship sites. For example, NSF's GRFP specifically supports eligible research-based master's and doctoral students in STEM and provides three years of financial support.
One important strategy
I would not rely solely on Fastweb or Scholarships.com. The best odds are often with scholarships that have a narrower applicant pool: the student's university, department, professional association, employer/parents' employer, community foundation, fraternity/sorority, civic organization, or local foundation.
And when a database identifies a scholarship, I recommend going to the organization's official website and applying there whenever possible. That's also a good way to avoid scholarship scams. A legitimate scholarship normally does not charge an application fee.
----------------------------------
|
There are thousands of scholarships out there. Below you will find many scholarships. My goal is to share all types of scholarships every Saturday. |
Don’t wait! Apply for these scholarships today. And, if you missed the last Scholarship Saturday, check it out. There are scholarships there that are still open. You can also find scholarships on my other scholarship lists, such as scholarships with requirements based on your state, major, grade level, ethnicity, or religion. And lastly, check out my list of scholarships with August deadlines. |
Only brief information about each scholarship is listed. Therefore, I encourage you to visit the scholarship websites to get more details about eligibility and requirements. |
Here are 24 scholarships for August 1, 2026. Go to this site and sign up to get the emails - SEVERAL Scholarships are LISTED HERE... |
No comments:
Post a Comment