Saturday, May 23, 2020

Big Announcement: Chris Hollins Appointed as Harris County Clerk

My neighbor - Nephew of Efamily members Hattie White Hollins and David Hollins... Board Member of our Civic Association  - SO PROUD OF YOU.. shared by Efamily member Janice Weaver. Letter from Chris below. To STAY informed I added (follow) to all his Social Media (Twitter, etc. at the bottom - We Can ALL Support!) THE VOTE IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

I am excited to share some great news with you. I have been appointed to serve as Harris County Clerk! My term starts June 1, and I will remain in office for the rest of 2020.

The County Clerk is responsible for providing critical services to the residents of Harris County. These include maintaining property records, marriage licenses, birth certificates, and notices of government meetings. The Clerk also maintains the records of Commissioners Court, the Probate Courts, and the County Civil Courts at Law.

Most importantly, as Clerk of the third-largest county in America, I will be charged with administering the pivotal November election amid a global pandemic and vast economic uncertainty.

The right to vote is fundamental to our democracy, and I will work tirelessly to ensure that Harris County residents can exercise that right safely, conveniently, and with the peace of mind that their vote will be counted.

Thank you to the Harris County Commissioners Court and the people of Harris County for entrusting me with such an important task. I cannot thank Dr. Diane Trautman enough for her service to Harris County, and I look forward to working with her talented staff to achieve our office’s mission.

Our efforts start with the July runoff contest. I encourage Harris County residents to register to vote by the June 15 deadline. I also encourage you to make a plan to vote by mail, during the early voting period, June 29 - July 10, or on Election Day, July 14. Please visit www.harrisvotes.com for more information.

I want to thank my wife Morgan and my family, friends, and colleagues in advance for the support that I will need along this journey. I promise to live up to your expectations and to continue assisting residents and small businesses at the high standard that Harris County deserves.

Keep up to date with me and the Harris County Clerk’s Office by following us on social media.

Me: Twitter - @CGHollins | Instagram - @CGHollins | Facebook - @CGHollins

Office of the Harris County Clerk:
Twitter - @HarrisVotes | Instagram - @HarrisCountyClerk | Facebook - @HarrisCountyElections

Yours in service,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment