Saturday, May 23, 2020

Keith Wade Passing due to COVID-19

Google for more articles - this one was touching...and tells about the MAN. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Keith-Wade-remembered-as-the-kind-15289868.php

I met Keith after coming home from the KSG where I attended grad school and in my 20s became a part of the Progressive Action League a young adult group under the Harris County Council of Organizations that Sylvester Turner was President. Keith was a major contributor along with many friends I still have today to our group called "PAL". We vetted candidates, had awards for unsung heroes, particularly senior citizens and more community service work as well as election volunteering. We need to encourage our young people to join groups like this with likeminded people who hold their interests and they will become lifelong friends.

Most recently during work as Co-Chair for the Women for Turner, Keith attended our meetings and was very involved in the election of our current Mayor-I can't imagine this pandemic without Sylvester Turner's leadership!

Keith will be missed. Gone too soon. COVID-19 is impacting us all. PLEASE ASK YOURSELF before doing anything - IS THIS NECESSARY can I do it from the comfort of my home? MASK when you go out!!!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment