Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Efamily member shares re J&J VACCINE - EXCELLENT INFO thanks Efamily member Koinonia Martin-Page

 Hi! Thought you might like to have this analysis about the J & J vaccination to share. It was written and posted by a friend of mine, who was a Yale classmate and now is a cancer researcher. Sending you love & best wishes!




“ With the J&J suspension news- be advised that it was 6 cases of clots out of 6.8 million doses! Odds of getting struck by lightening are 1 in 500,000.

Those are much better odds than those you face when you get COVID.

The cases were also only in women with low platelet counts. So if I were considering this vaccine I would talk to my doctor about my risk factors for a reaction (ie what is my platelet county) versus my risks of getting COVID and decide accordingly.

I feel for the women and their families, and I'm glad that this super rare reaction has been identified and hopeful that we can understand what happened and prevent it from happening to anyone else. 

But remember- fear is an emotion. Emotions are not rational. Make sure your risk assessment is based on rational fact and not irrational fear. 

So if you aren't cowering in your home every time there is a chance of rain because of the 1 in 500,000 odds of getting struck by lightening, you shouldn't be avoiding vaccination for 6 in 6.8 million odds of a clot.”



--
Koinonia I. Martin-Page, J.D., L.L.M. (Tax), Realtor®
Law Office of Koinonia Martin-Page, Esq.

No comments:

Post a Comment